Tuesday, April 19, 2011

zoo zoo zooo i love the zoo :D

Brother Jackson (brojack) took us to the zoo today! It was fun! I've seen tons of animals this week! there are live animals for the pageant and then a lizard ran in the VC this week! I tried to wear it as an earring but it got anxious :D
  Oh yeah! and happy birthday to me too! 4 months! I swear I just left gracie girl and her dirty looks hahahahahaha I can't believe you guys are in Utah now!!!
 
Pageant is AWESOME! there are SO many people comin in! It's cool cuz I know tons of miracles and baptisms come from pageant, but it's a little hard because sometimes I really just feel like I'm herding sheep for sure. there's so many people and no time to be personal. but it's still awesome!!!
 
I'm pretty sure over half of the people are from Salt Lake though! and I met Dan Tisdale's companion, he's sweet! I guess Dan's comin down next month, I'm excited! I can't believe my friends are getting home and I'm not there :( oh well. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven!"
 
Random story I didn't get to tell about last week- we met with the Nahle and Dechezare family and wooowwww their conversion stories were AMAZING! Brother Nahle's brother was the first convert baptism in Lebanon and they got to sign the paper to establish the Chuch in that country! This is the coolest part though- He's an artist,and he said when I get married, I can come down to see him and he will give me and my cute lil hubby a piece of his artwork as a wedding gift! I know it wont be for a looong time. but that's freaking sweet! his work is AMAZING!!!!!!! I'm excited for that. My poor cute lil future hubby, he's gonna have to go through a lot of "Father's Interviews" as I've been told from President Ostler, and Elder Dechezare and Bro Nahle. and I'm only 4 months in! I'ma have a lot of extra daddies by the time I get back! Don't worry Daddy, I still love you the most :D!!!
 
 We definitley had the most awkard lesson the other day. just kiddin't it really wasn't awkward at all, but it was us and 2 male investigators, having dinner outside. he almost brought out candles... we said noooooooooooooo :D hahahaha
 
So we talked to Casey for a long time they other day... and when we left, she called to us- "Sisters... I know I don't say it enough, but thank you. I really do appreciate all that you do for me and Cierra" ahhhhhhh  the BEST! That makes it ALLLL worth it!!!
 
Sunshine Story
Gingerbread story- Life Changing
      There was an elementary school teacher who made all of her students beautiful, intricate gingerbread houses as a Christmas gift. She knew each of her students very well and took hours to make each house exactly to every childs' liking. When they got their beautiful houses, they were thrilled! Each chilled oooing and aweing at their perfect creation. Then after a moment, the children looked around at each other' houses. They realized how different they were. Then they got jealous.
       "teacher! My house has skittles! Everyone KNOWS M n M's go better with Gingerbread!" and other comments were shouted and screamed and plead to the teacher.
        The teacher very hurt, quietly explained why each child got the gingerbread house witht he candy and decorations they did.
       "Suzie, I gave you skittles because I know they're your favorite. You don't even like chocolate..."
       But many of the kids didn't even listen.
        How do you think that teacher felt?
        How different do you think each student and the teacher would have felt if they appreciated the beauty in the difference of each house, rather than be jealou?
       How many times do we shout and cry to the Lord for the blessings He's given us?
       We must appreciate what we've been given. We must give grattitude for them and then we must share them. That's why I'm on a mission.
 
   How many times have I been silly little suzie? In my talents, my body, my life, my family, and especially my call I told the Lord what I wanted and begged and plead, but I don't always get what I want. What is "best", what I need, and what the Lord knows I'll appreciate can all be different things.
    "But God, everyone goes and has cool experiences on their mission! I'm ready to live in a hole and boil my water and eat bugs and learn a crazy language! Everyone KNOWS that's what a missions for!!!"
     And I'm sure it hurt Him...
     "Stacey, you hate bugs and gross things. You can hardly kill a baby spider. You can learn Spanish in the Visitor Center. Plus if you went Spanish speaking, you'd get totally fat! Don't you know you're my princess?"
     He knows me much better than I know myself. My mission is perfect. He is perfect.
 
 
Sunshine Silly Statements
"And social security number"
     "not all of us have those!"
   - Spanish Hermanas :D
"Eat" -Man 6:12 -AJ bahahahahaha
*"At least I'm SOMEONE'S Missionary!"
 
Sunshine Solid Statements
*** For every bit of "things" you might be missing; you really aren't missing anything that will change and bless your life more than a mission will.  It's seems such a small price to pay for the benefits you receive that will last through eternity.
 -Lee Anne Cox
*"Prayer is NOT like a fast food order"
 -Pres Ostler
****"Service is the universal antitidote. It always makes you feel better."
*"Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly"
***"Shut up, stop complaining, and get busy!" :D

No comments:

Post a Comment