Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Monday March 21st

Deeearest Family and Friends
Missionaries are the most bipolar people on the planet. at least I feel that way. This week has been filled with some super AWESOME things and some super NOT AWESOME things. mostly awesome though :D the reason why missionaries go up and down so much is kinda like that mother's expression "you're only as happy as your saddest child" Same with investigators. When you're so involved in people's lives your SOOO happy when they're happy and SOOO sad when they're sad. Sundays are the worst.

Let's see, did I see anyone I knew this week? Yes... yes... Oh yeah. The Fish's? They know Rick's family. One went on a mission to Everette Washington. And I see people that know Haleigh Van Eerden every day. Oh and Nick? Totally in Meredith and Jake's stake! She stiillll hasn't come to visit me!

We're gettin some new sisters in June and August-  2 from Colorado, 1 from Utah, 1 from PAKISTAN and 1 fromMONGOLIA! How freaking sweet is that?

We heard a story in a special sisters training this past week. I'd heard it before, but it meant a lot more to me this time.
I wrote a song about it. hopefully the story makes sense. and  this first part of this song song is supposed to be funny sooooo hopefully you guys think its funny. its definitely a lot funnier in person. 
the age of the person I see singing this would be about 6


I've got a silly string of pearls
that I wear around my neck
they're not gorgeous pearls
well, really they're not real

But I bought them on my own
and its all I could afford
so I'll wear my kinda pretty pearls
all year

Oh how I love my silly string of pearls
they make me feel like such a pretty girl
They're not the very best, but it's all that I got
and you know what? I love them a lot.

My dad keeps asking for my pearls
I dont know why he wants them
He know I love them
and well, he's a man

But he kept asking me
So I thought that I would see
What my dad would want with
girly little pearls

Oh how I miss my silly string of pearls
they made me feel like such a pretty girl
They're not the very best, but it's all that I'd got
and you know what? I loved them a lot

Then he gave me a new strand
the real ones- Dillard's brand...

Now I dont want my silly faux pearls again

Oh how I love my brand new string of pearls
they make me know I am my daddy's world
He went and he bought, the best that dillard's god
and you know what? He loves me a lot

So when we think we have it all
Then Jesus gives a call
don't ask,
cuz he knows just what to do

He'll take your silly string of life
the one you thought was super great
and He'll bless you with the best cuz he loves you

So when you have a silly string of pearls
or when you're all caught up in your own world
Heavenly Father wants to help- Just give it all to God
and you know what? He loves you a lot


So there's my silly song about a silly string of pearls, but the concept has literally changed my life. I had a certain strand of pearls that was weighing me down... A lot. then I gave it up. and I was blessed. A lot.

Friday morning we found out that Tana, my to-be first baptism had to be switched to another set of missionaries. But that night- we got a call about a girl Hilary that is getting switched to us! WHAT A MIRACLE!!! It was literally within 24 hours of me giving away that last strand of pearls. And now the Lord is blessing me.

Everything we give to God, He'll give back. but way way way better :D
Sacrifice is something man has been commanded to do since Adam. And I'm falling right in line and "putting my life on the altar of God" (my next song that you'll get soon... not finished yet)
Luke 18:18-30

Katie is doing awesome and brought her mom whos less active to church this week! We worked a lot in conquistador a 50+ park in our area and had some awesome experiences there! I love it down here! I love the people SO much and am learning SO much and am taking SO much in and I think becoming a better person :S hahaha

***Sunshine Scriptures***

*Matt 6:19-21
*John 14:27
2 Nephi 25:23
Hebrews 5:4
Moroni 7:16-17, 19
***Luke 18: 18-30 The scriptures that made me decide to go on a mission :D

***Sunshine Statements***
*"I decided on my wedding colors Sister... SPARKLES!" -who else?
        baaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha probably the funniest thing that happened this week. My companion is now TERRIFIED of me... I caught her completely by surprise...    she thought i was being serious, until I told her the colors :D she's quite the sporty little girl...
        however, I DID get her to wear a crown necklace this week! WIN!
*What are those for?" "...PAGEANTS!"
      Our Ward Mission Leader's little girls do pageants and some of the dresses were in the front room and I was SOOO excited to tell her what those pretty little dresses were used for :D

***"Follow Christ"
           I've been thinking a lot about the recently, and if you break down everything in the Gospel, it's really quite simple. All we have to do is follow Christ. If we follow Christ we will be baptized by someone holding the proper authority, we will be charitable, serve others, love others, and help others, and ultimately we will follow Him home. I have really been trying to teach simply. that's as simple as you can get :D

*"If you pray, you'll be blessed with good looks like me!" -Rob McFarlin
          Cami and Rob McFarlin are the CUTEST couple in the whole wide world. she is ADORABLE and he's just a big GOOFBALL! Embarassing her ALL the time it's hilarious! Oh yeah, I gotta mention that this was to a class of 7 year olds!!!! I totally wanna be with a goofball forever. Why wouldn't I want every day to be an adventure???

*"I'll get my BIANCA out and spray your eyes!" -:D
       haha my bianca is my peppermint breath spray. Or the black woman I hold in a can who attacks scary men

*"As long as you think you're funny, and the people around you think you're funny... I think you're good to go" -Sis Everette

"I founds SPARKLES!" -me:D
"I'm sad for sad guy"
    sometimes... people get nicknames when you don't know their names :S

ok these ones are serious now

**People don't like to change. (Especially old people.. who we're dealing a lot with right now) If there's something you need to change- do it and do it now! The longer you establish a bad habit, the longer you'll be driven by that habit, the less likely you'll be to ever change.
*Same thing with forgiveness. There's no reason to carry a burden longer than necessary. Ever.
*Forgive, Forgive now.
***Being humble doesn't mean being nice, It means giving the Lord your life.
Take your life- take everything you've got, and do what's best- just give it all to God.
*Never ignore a prompting.
*Everything happens for a reason.
* Sharing is caring. and the best things to share are those thigns that make you happy. That's why I'm sharing the Gospel, nothing could make me happier.
All you can do is all you can do.
         If you've done all you can, the Lord will help you.

*God never sealed the Heavens- man did. It was man who proclaimed there would be no more revelation and God had said all he needed to say.
*Families are forever. Isn't that so cool?!?
*The quality of our lives has more to do with substance than syle. A quality life is one that positively influences others and makes the world around it a better place in which to live. That's the life I want to live.

I LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!
Sister Sunshine! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment