Friday, January 7, 2011

Dec 22 2010


I am absolutely LOVING the MTC! I love my district, I love my teachers! I LOVE EVERYTHING.... except maybe the food. cuz that's terrible.
I have been blessed to be put in a "tripanionship" for the MTC! My companions are Sister BreAnne Oja and Sister Janda Loar. Sister Oja is from Seattle and she's going to the HAWAII VISITOR'S CENTER!!!! and Sis Loar is from MESA and she's going to Charlotte North Carolina!. We get along really well. They both told me they never thought they'd be friends with a pageant girl, but I'm not sure what they figured that meant. I think most real pageant girls aren't what people expect. If someone expects someone who's all in it for the glory, they're not gonna find many. It's too much work to do it all for yourself. You MUST be in it to serve others.
As you wellllll know, Mesa was NOT my first pick of my assignment for my mission... but... I'm starting to be more ok with it. When I'm with all English speakers, I'm happy with Mesa, cuz it's probably one of my top picks of where to go in the country cuz... There's a lot of connections there. When I'm with people going crazy places speaking crazy languages, I'm greatful that I don't have to have massive panic attacks and freak out cuz I'm not gonna understand everyone. I really get to study the scriptures and know them better. I'm lovin it. Also, as my teacher brother Wanket said, "We have the truth, we might as well KNOW it." What a stud.
My district is awesome. The boys are going to either Charlotte or Mineappolis. I am SOOOOOO glad I'm not going somewhere cold!!! We goof around a lot, but they all have strong testimonies and are here for the right reasons. Boys will be boys... that's all I'm gonna say.

In regards to Mesa...
In our first BGM (big group meeting) (I'm shortening this story immensley) a brother spoke of how he served in Chile and 20 years later some of his investigators' grandkids showed up and told him how much success THAT family alone had brought into the church! Then I realized that I already have a lot of ties to Mesa and I'll only get more! I haven't been called to serve an 18 month mission, I will be down there and keep in touch with a lot of the people I teach and I'll be able to see the growth and stay friends with them forever!!! So I was excited about that and just feeling the spirit so stron and I was so happy
Then the Elder next to me just turned to me and asked "where are you going sister?"
 "Mesa"
"Woooahhhhh, that's where I'm going to."
"uh, why the huge reaction"
"well I can just feel your testimony is SOOOO strong, just by sitting at you. more powerful than about anything I've ever felt. I was going to tell you those people serving with you should be soooo honored. and well, I'm honored. I'm honored to even be sitting next to you!"
wow. how do you react to that? I know I'm going to Mesa for a reason.
Then, I was still bummed I didn't get called spanish speaking and my companion (oja) turned to me and said "Sister hansen, you could COST SOMEONE THE GOSPEL in the time it took you to learn another language." wow.
Mesa needs ME and Mesa needs me NOW.
I know that there are people being prepared for me RIGHT NOW for me to come teach the Gospel to them.
I KNOW this is the truth, ALL the truth. There are so many good people on this earth, but they just don't have all the knowledge.  If it wasn't true, and if it wasn't the FULL truth I wouldn't be giving up a year and a half of my life!!! I'm so proud to serve as a messenger of our Heavenly Father to teach others HE LOVES THEM and knows EXACTLY what they're going through!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
Sister Sunshine!
"A missionary is someone who leaves their loved ones for a short time so that others can be with theirs for Eternity"

No comments:

Post a Comment